[simpits-tech] Hello

Craig Rochester simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:29:02 -0400

Now that I figured out how to post messages here,  I'll introduce myself:

Craig "Bricklayer" Rochester
Born 1955
Happily married(except for this hobby :)), I child and a mutt
Boston(Jamaica Plain) Massachusetts- immigrated to People's Republic of
Massachusetts 1988
Falcon4 and Battle of Britain enthusiast
Mechanical Engineer- process design for Pharmaceutical Manufacturing

I'd like to say thank you to the people who administer this list (geneb?).
This is the best forum I've seen for fight sim pit building, great
discussions!

I've got a few irons in the fire for this hobby. I'm interested in improving
the sensory experience of simulated flight and air combat. My areas of
interest are:

* Head-tracking interface to Falcon4(working prototype)
* HMD - I hate staring at a monitor(design 80%)
* LVDT force based mod for Cougar stick(electronics working with crude test
rig)
* Force feedback stick(like 100 lbs force) for WWII prop sims(on the drawing
board)
* G-Suit regulator/interface to Falcon4 (completed)
* Helmet force cuing(completed 1 axis test rig)
* G-seat roll, pitch, and yaw force cueing , maybe a motion platform if I
live that long :)
* VR gloves for a clickable 3D cockpit(waiting for a clickable 3D pit)
* ...and other wacky stuff

I've got a web page about it: http://pages.zdnet.com/johncraigrochester
(sorely needs updating)

I'll be looking forward to the discussions here and hope I can add something
to this community.

Regards,

Craig