[simpits-tech] RE: MFD shared memory support

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:25:20 +0200

Hi Gene,

It took you a while to step in... *big grin*

> Erwin seems to know what he's talking about.  He's
> suspicously happy about what G2I is working on.  That smells
> of product evangelism constrained by an NDA. :)  I've got a
> similar problem with a similar product, so I can spot the
> type. *Huge Grin*

Hope it doesn't smell too bad?  *even bigger grin*

> One thing you might want to keep in mind about building your
> cockpit.  The only thing that ties you to a single software
> package is your interface software.  That can easily be
> changed.  Don't worry if Falcon tanks since there will be
> many opportunites with other simulator packages

True spoken, it the experience that's counts. It about flying in an
immersive environment, not about software packages.

> and if all
> else fails, you can hack up a private copy of Falcon for your
> own use. The source code is still out there, it's just a bit
> harder to find these days.

Hmfpp, I will keep my mouth shut...NDA and stuff.....

Erwin.