[simpits-tech] RE: MFD shared memory support

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 22:17:48 +0200

Joseph,

> Erwin, there have been rumblings about G2i not having sufficient funding
> for OIR and Falcon V.  I hate reading stuff that a lot of times amounts
> to nothing more that rumors, but I am getting a bit nervous in the fact
> that I am laying out some large amounts of cash for a simulator that
> will ultimately be dependant on software available to run it.  I would
> love to have new campaigns, graphics and all that, but more so I would
> like to have cockpit functionality (i.e. MFD, RWR etc. which after
> talking with some other folks is possible in Falcon 4.0, but .exe code
> altering is necessary, which currently is not permitted).  What light
> can/are you able to shed on this?

I spoke with Claude today and he said all is fine. I have no knowledge of
the status of G2I as a company, and I only pray they will deliver (of course
with new shared memory features :)

You stated correctly that altering the exe code is not permitted, so we will
have to wait until some future release. Of course I could keep my mouth
shut, and keep it to myself to play with, but I want G2I to know we exist (I
rub it in every time :) and hope they will also support us (crazy people) in
the future.

> Also, I can't for the life of me figure out the exact meaning of SWMBO.
> Anyone?

I, for one, love her. She puts up with me (and my simpitter friends),

 BUT SWMBO :)

So in a minute I am shutting down.....she called......

Erwin.