[simpits-tech] RE: MFD shared memory support

Joseph Fagner simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:38:07 -0500

> Nice, nice work, Erwin.  Way to go!!  Don't shoot me,
> but does that include the HUD?

If they implement the full code you get 2x MFD, RWR and HUD image.

> Suggestion for the status update problems.  How about a
> one pixel drawing for each of the offending elements in
> all views?  That way F4 would be tricked into updating
> the gear indicator lights whenever they changed, and the
> one pixel could change from black to black, or
> whatever.  A work-around.

Erwin, there have been rumblings about G2i not having sufficient funding
for OIR and Falcon V.  I hate reading stuff that a lot of times amounts
to nothing more that rumors, but I am getting a bit nervous in the fact
that I am laying out some large amounts of cash for a simulator that
will ultimately be dependant on software available to run it.  I would
love to have new campaigns, graphics and all that, but more so I would
like to have cockpit functionality (i.e. MFD, RWR etc. which after
talking with some other folks is possible in Falcon 4.0, but .exe code
altering is necessary, which currently is not permitted).  What light
can/are you able to shed on this?

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out the exact meaning of SWMBO.
Anyone?

--__--__--

Message: 8
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:31:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: joab ryan <joab_ryan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Mobile sim
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org

Inventor, such a great program (what version do you
have?)

--- Johan_Nauwelaertz_de_Agé <johan.nauwa@gavle.to>
wrote:
> Not sure yet, I'm still collecting parts (got the
> caravan and yokes + computers and monitors)
> Will continue to work in Autodesk Inventor until it
> looks and works OK, then the funny part begins.
>
> Johan
>

>   Johan,
>
>   Sounds like an interesting plan. What is your main
> goal?
>
>   SC

=====
Joab Ryan
Mechanical CAD Designer,
Network Administrator &
Military Aircraft Sim Builder
North Texas USA
http://www.360-designs.net

http://faith.yahoo.com

--__--__--

Message: 9
From: "Brian West." <bcw@palma.infotelecom.es>
To: <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:18:11 +0200

Hi Justin,
 I understand what you are saying here and quite agree about physical
damage
etc. I've probably tried about six different setups of woofers and bass
shakers but have never got what I'd call a realistic result.
    Speaker enclosure design is one of those black arts as far as I can
see.
    The latest incarnation of the pit which is under construction now
has
one Aura bass shaker under the C of G ( forward edge of the seat), and a
second one under the pedal box. Plus a pair of 100w woofers on the seat
sides. The cental bass shaker has an adjustable mounting so the contact
with
the (tiled) floor can be altered. The monitor which forms the instrument
panel is on isolation mounts, so shoud be O.K.
   I'm hoping this is going to do the trick.

   Does anybody on the list know anything about heavier duty
transducers? I
reckon a four point mounting at each corner would be pretty good.
I visited Fantasy of Flight in Florida early this year and they had a
complete WW11 bomber fuselage vibrating properly with engines, so the
gear
exists.
   Thanks Alan for the story about Disney Animatronics, reminds you the
world didn't begin with the PC.                 Regards , Brian West.

p.s. If any one has bought a V.R.F. seat cushion I would be very
interested
in hearing your opinion.