[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Brian West. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:18:11 +0200

Hi Justin,
 I understand what you are saying here and quite agree about physical damage
etc. I've probably tried about six different setups of woofers and bass
shakers but have never got what I'd call a realistic result.
    Speaker enclosure design is one of those black arts as far as I can see.
    The latest incarnation of the pit which is under construction now has
one Aura bass shaker under the C of G ( forward edge of the seat), and a
second one under the pedal box. Plus a pair of 100w woofers on the seat
sides. The cental bass shaker has an adjustable mounting so the contact with
the (tiled) floor can be altered. The monitor which forms the instrument
panel is on isolation mounts, so shoud be O.K.
   I'm hoping this is going to do the trick.

   Does anybody on the list know anything about heavier duty transducers? I
reckon a four point mounting at each corner would be pretty good.
I visited Fantasy of Flight in Florida early this year and they had a
complete WW11 bomber fuselage vibrating properly with engines, so the gear
exists.
   Thanks Alan for the story about Disney Animatronics, reminds you the
world didn't begin with the PC.                 Regards , Brian West.

p.s. If any one has bought a V.R.F. seat cushion I would be very interested
in hearing your opinion.