[simpits-tech] RE: The Cougar Has landed - Mating Season

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:03:24 -0700 (PDT)

> As for the EPIC, I was out at Desktop sims the other day and was talking
> with Paul and he eluded to some folks trying to disable the game ports
> on the EPIC and using the cougar as it stands with is current software
> and then using the EPIC for the other switches and rotaries.  Anyone
> have any insight to this?  I ask all these questions as I want to know
> exactly what I can and can't do with the cougar as it sits and with your
> mod Marv, before I lay out that kind of money on the EPIC.  I want to
> make darn sure I can use the thing.

Jay, there's no way they're going to disable the analog inputs on EPIC.
What hasn't dawned on anyone yet is that since Cougar is a USB device,
it'll show up _in addition_ to the 16 to 22 analog channels that EPIC
provides.  All you have to do is pick the Cougar out of the list to use
with Falcon.

g.