[simpits-tech] Tornados...

simpits-tech@simpits.org simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:19:51 +1300 (NZDT)

Quoting Roy Coates <roy@flightlab.liv.ac.uk>:

> Oh GROAN SODDING GROAN!
>
> Get one and fax it to me :)
>
> Ironically, I've just applied the "Royal Navy" decals to the Wasp model
> I'm building.
>
> As far as I know, there is only ONE left flying in the UK.
>
> Roy.

Worst part is that there are three which wouldn't take much to make flyable and
nobody wants to keep one!  Same thing happened when the Air Farce got rid of
the Strikemasters, ALL of the flyable ones left the country... some could be
had for around NZD$80,000.  Now the ones that have come up on the market are
going for three or four times that much :(

I'll see if I can squeeze a Wasp onto the scanner and email it over ;-)

Sean