[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 14:52:16 +0000

Now THAT is an interesting solution! I may have to steal it ;) Heheh.
Actually, with Orbiter's extensive SDK I shouldn't have to resort to this,
but it might be handy. If anything, it's less that has to be programmed into
the module...

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: Sean Galbraith <sean.g@paradise.net.nz>
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:41:05 +1300

At 04:33 PM 10/13/02 -0400, you wrote:
>hi,
>
>while we're on the "sounds" tangent......
>
>i'm still looking for a dos-shell, command-line-based sound player.
>
>trips to c|net and others have failed.
>
>before i start into learning the W32 api, has someone done this before????
>
>thanks,
>
>  - adm -

What about using some of those dinky little sound recording chips?  I've
seen them used in a bunch of applications where you need a short
pre-recorded sound.  "Record" the sound onto the chip via line level input,
then when you apply power the chip spews out the recorded sound....
I plan on using that for some of the sound in the A-4 like the nice CLUNK!
when the guns arm (real jets have more than one gun BTW)

Sean