[simpits-tech] Looking for some sounds...

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 07:31:40 -0700 (PDT)

I have downloaded sounds from flightsim too. You can
also edit your sound files with editors like sound
recorder(I think it comes will all versions of
windows) because they are wave files. You can make the
sounds louder or quiter and you can slow them down or
speed them up. Slowing down a sound usually makes it
have a lower pitch which is very noticable with the
sonic transducer :)

Justin

>There is a T-38 Talon by FlightSimDevelopers on
FlightSim.com that has
>some really good sounds with it.  I have a sonic
transducer in my $2.00
>pit and it shakes me quite a bit.
>
>fsd_t382.zip is the file name.
>
>Ed

<slaps_forehead>  I have that and didn't even think of
it!
<mutter_mutter_mutter>

Sean.

>Sean Galbraith wrote:
>
>>I am in the process of sorting the sounds setup for
my A-4 cockpit, and I
>>am looking for a "good" FS2002 freeware sound
package to represent the
>>A-4.  I am after something with good strong low
frequency rumble (for
>>that meaty 15" sub in the back..) plus realistic
sounding
>>startup/shutdown effects.
>>
>>What I don't want is something that sounds thin and
hissy.....

>>Single engined, non-afterburning jet, with
startup/shutdown effects.
>>I'm not too worried about gear/flap sounds, I have
some reasonable ones...