[simpits-tech] Simulating G forces

John P. Miguez simpits-tech@simpits.org
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 06:48:21 -0500

I don't think the "tightening of the straps" is very
realistic.  I would stick with the G-suit inflating.  A simple
pressure relief valve will take care of any over
pressurizing worries.  The single biggest memory I have
of pulling Gs is the suit inflating.  The straps don’t pull
on you.

Gs are hard to simulate because every part of your
body experiences them.  It is even hard to breath.
Lifting your arms or turning your head is a chore.

Most sims, as I recall, simulated Gs by inflating the G-
suit and deflating the seat cushion, so you would sink
into the seat slightly,

John
aka "Cheau"