[simpits-tech] Simulating g

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 22:10:37 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1777001293-1034140237=:83854

I've done some acrobatic flying and I know all about how real g feels. I also know that you dont feel your seat inflating under/behind you. You feel VERY heavy and smashed down, but I cant replicate that, so I want a _simple_ and easy way to let the cadets know pulling the stick back causes a reaction.

Justin

Hi Justin,

IF you pulled the stick aft your straps actually loosen, as you are pushed
down into the seat, your straps tighten upon NEGATIVE G on the aircraft.
G seats work by a combination of strap tighting and eye point changing, as
well as seat pan "hardening"
Give me a call and Ill walk you thru the practicalites of G cueing seats.
I would type more on this ( and many other problems I see listed here every
day) but I dont have the time or patience to always type it all out.
I just gave presentation to Link today along with our partners Cranfield
Aerospace in the UK on our G cueing solution....the science and engineering
involved is indeed extremely complex.

Chris