[simpits-tech] posted photos of my Viper I cockpit

Sukit, Sittisudjatum simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:26:12 -0400

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26F4C.7C974040

Martin,

Since I'm a developer of these products (F-16 panels and gauges), I think I
should answer your questions.

- Have you all panels finish for sale or are the panels only prototypes at

this time?

Yes, all the panels and gauges (non-functional, but can be upgraded for
installing with servos) are finished. They are ready for the community now!
While we're looking for the overseas distributors (the U.S, and Europe), you
can order them from us. We will have more 5 sets of the panels and gauges
ready in few weeks for my stock.

- It is possible that you can send me better pictures in a high quality to

see more details for the quality of the panels? Or it is possible that you

can give me a web address to see better pictures?

Of course, I will provide more details to let you make your decision in the
gallery section. Thai Flight Shop, the place where you can find all the
products, will complete with information and details. It is now under
construction, the web site would be ready within this weekend.

- In reality, the ECM panel have 8 illuminated square buttons and the ELEC

panel have 5 square "Korry"-lights with 2 and 4 segments. I have seen on

your site a small picture with the ELEC- and ECM-panel, but on this panels

are the buttons/lights fakes, isn't it?

For the ECM and ELEC panel, all the built-in illuminated square buttons are
provided as part of the panel. All you want to do is put the lights
underneath them. Now, it's all about the output we can get from the software
that you have to worry about.

- Please let me know if the panel layout from the left/right console is

made with integrated panels or single mounted panels?

There are 52 instrument pieces of panel and 21 sets of gauge (only the base
plate of the gauges are not being glued to their bodies... so you can put
needles when you have the driven circuits installed). Just like the real
viper, it's all your choice to build a recess rack, or simply put them on
the left/right console and fix them with screws. Moreover, I have completed
the design of panel base plates, where you can fix the panels to them in
groups using glue... From the pit builder point of view, it would be very
easy to access your switches, rewire the cables, and fixing any loosing
connections. The resin and aluminum panel fasteners are now being
manufactured. You will get the 'real' feeling from the replica of DZUS
fasteners.

- Also I would like to know if the backside of the panels have an enlarged

drilling to hold switches/knobs or if these are mounted on top of the

panel?

The very first design concept based on what you asked for.. I know what you
meant. By the way, that means we need double work for the production.
Drilling from the top and more enlarged holes from the bottom of the panel,
then more work on the base plate with multiple holes.... these will turn out
to be the unaffordable production cost. There are two choices now to hold
the switches, by fixing the switches' nut on the top of the panel (like what
you've done on your pit), or gluing the switches body on the bottom (and get
the fantastic looking result). I haven't tried the second choice yet.. but I
think it should turn out to be a good one... since the switches are design
for 100,000+ working times, there should be no problem.

Please let me know if you want more product details. Thai Flight Shop will
also provide facts and information for the community.. many mysteries will
be revealed.

Sukit Sittisudjatum

Thai Flight Simulator, www.thaiflight.com

Bangkok, Thailand

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26F4C.7C974040

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4919.2200" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT size=2>
<P>Martin,</P>
<P>Since I'm a developer of these products (F-16 panels and gauges), I think I
should answer your questions.</P>
<P>- Have you all panels finish for sale or are the panels only prototypes at
</P>
<P>this time?</P>
<P>Yes, all the panels and gauges (non-functional, but can be upgraded for
installing with servos) are finished. They are ready for the community now!
While we're looking for the overseas distributors (the U.S, and Europe), you can
order them from us. We will have more 5 sets of the panels and gauges ready in
few weeks for my stock.</P>
<P>- It is possible that you can send me better pictures in a high quality to
</P>
<P>see more details for the quality of the panels? Or it is possible that you
</P>
<P>can give me a web address to see better pictures?</P>
<P>Of course, I will provide more details to let you make your decision in the
gallery section. Thai Flight Shop, the place where you can find all the
products, will complete with information and details. It is now under
construction, the web site would be ready within this weekend.</P>
<P>- In reality, the ECM panel have 8 illuminated square buttons and the ELEC
</P>
<P>panel have 5 square "Korry"-lights with 2 and 4 segments. I have seen on </P>
<P>your site a small picture with the ELEC- and ECM-panel, but on this panels
</P>
<P>are the buttons/lights fakes, isn't it?</P>
<P>For the ECM and ELEC panel, all the built-in illuminated square buttons are
provided as part of the panel. All you want to do is put the lights underneath
them. Now, it's all about the output we can get from the software that you have
to worry about.</P>
<P>- Please let me know if the panel layout from the left/right console is </P>
<P>made with integrated panels or single mounted panels?</P>
<P>There are 52 instrument pieces of panel and 21 sets of gauge (only the base
plate of the gauges are not being glued to their bodies... so you can put
needles when you have the driven circuits installed). Just like the real viper,
it's all your choice to build a recess rack, or simply put them on the
left/right console and fix them with screws. Moreover, I have completed the
design of panel base plates, where you can fix the panels to them in groups
using glue... From the pit builder point of view, it would be very easy to
access your switches, rewire the cables, and fixing any loosing connections. The
resin and aluminum panel fasteners are now being manufactured. You will get the
'real' feeling from the replica of DZUS fasteners.</P>
<P>- Also I would like to know if the backside of the panels have an enlarged
</P>
<P>drilling to hold switches/knobs or if these are mounted on top of the </P>
<P>panel?</P>
<P>The very first design concept based on what you asked for.. I know what you
meant. By the way, that means we need double work for the production. Drilling
from the top and more enlarged holes from the bottom of the panel, then more
work on the base plate with multiple holes.... these will turn out to be the
unaffordable production cost. There are two choices now to hold the switches, by
fixing the switches' nut on the top of the panel (like what you've done on your
pit), or gluing the switches body on the bottom (and get the fantastic looking
result). I haven't tried the second choice yet.. but I think it should turn out
to be a good one... since the switches are design for 100,000+ working times,
there should be no problem.</P>
<P>Please let me know if you want more product details. Thai Flight Shop will
also provide facts and information for the community.. many mysteries will be
revealed.</P>
<P>Sukit Sittisudjatum </P>
<P>Thai Flight Simulator, www.thaiflight.com</P>
<P>Bangkok, Thailand</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C26F4C.7C974040--

--------------InterScan_NT_MIME_Boundary--