[simpits-tech] Simulating g

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:51:38 -0700 (PDT)

Here's the deal, I am going to have cadets use my sim
and know using a g suit is not practical so I want to
simply cause the shoulder harness to tighten when the
stick is pulled aft. I need tips to use a motor to
gradually increase the pull as the stick is pulled
back past the center position, How do I get a 12V DC
motor to slowly increase tension? For now it will
simply be a mechanical interface from the stick to the
motor. I have a rod running from my stick under the
seat to the rear of the pit, so I can hook the motor
to the rod for joystick input, Is there some kind of
pot I can use to control the motor? What should it be
rated?  Also, where would be a good motor for this
use?

Justin