[simpits-tech] Projectors or Mirrors?

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 01:13:39 +0000

The B-1B sims at Ellsworth use a very similar principal. There are actually
projectors BEHIND and above the pilots, projecting onto a translucent
screen. In front of the cockpit are very large curved mirrors which are
actually just reflecting the back side of this translucent screen to the
pilot. It does a really good job of creating a sense of depth.

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Julia Roberts" <jrmaestro@hotmail.com>
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: Re: [simpits-tech] Projectors or Mirrors?
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 01:25:21 +0200

Some body remember  the old atractions Parks mirrors room ? yes when you see
you at mirrors you see fat,long, small... Concave mirrors, One 19" 1600x1200
pixel monitor in the correct 9 x 9 foots mirror focus point looks fine.. The
question is how to build this? or when to buy ?

brains to work...

JRM
"Torero"