[simpits-tech] MiHi's going to the Austrian Airforce (long)

Michi Hirczy simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:00:28 +0200

D E wrote:

>> NEWSFLASH: I just finished a phone call with a man of the DOD, the
>> event will be on September, 23rd, 2002! if the weather is ok, transfer
>> will be done by heli *yeah*.
>

> Hey Michy,
>
> I was just wondering Did it happen?

uuhh... completely forgot ;)
yes, it was a fantastic day. but the weather wasn't that good, so
transfer was done by car, but I got the chance to do a 50min trip with
the Alouette III (as passenger *g*).
the simulator itself is just a procedure trainer (as old as the Draken,
built 1962 *g*), but nevertheless it was a great experience.
I also visited the maintenance hall, with a PC-7 and 4 Drakens in work -
would have liked to "collect" some items *G*.
best part of the day was the arrival of 7 AAF Draken from ACMI range
Waddington - I was allowed to be on the ramp, watch them coming in,  and
speak with the squad commander and the pilots about flying :).
A report will follow asap on my website, I'm just waiting for some
additional photos of the news-reporter who was with me.
when the report is ready, I'll give the group a short call ;).

greetings
michi