[simpits-tech] Hagstrom KE24 and Macro Programming

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 11:00:12 -0500

--=====================_732215==_.ALT

hi,

call hagstrom at:

888-690-9080

they WILL be able to answer your questions most completely

  - adm -

At 11:53 AM 11/30/02 +0000, you wrote:
>Howdy!
>
>Does anyone here have any experience with the Hagstrom KE24 encoder?
>
>I have a panel with close to 100 buttons connected to a Hagstrom KE24. It
>works perfectly for single keyboard key emulation. However the macro
>programming just isn't working, which is preventing me from programming
>modal keys (SHF F4, CTL s, etc.) or multiple key macros (eg. a b c). I get
>nothing generated from macro programmed buttons although looking at the
>files produced with a hex editor I can see the correct make and break
>codes being generated.
>
>So if anyone out there has experience of a KE24 and has successfully
>gotten macro programming to work can you please tell me:
>
>a) Version of Ke24cfg.exe you are running
>b) What settings you have in your Options
>c) Whether macro programming is working only for discrete inputs as
>opposed to a matrix setup.
>d) Whether you're achieving this somehow via the RS232 interface.
>
>Note that KE72 is a different model and uses different software to program
>its macros, so I can't benefit from that knowledge.
>
>Cheers
>
>James Hallows
>please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page. Thanks!

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_732215==_.ALT

hi,<br><br>
call hagstrom at:<br><br>
888-690-9080<br><br>
they WILL be able to answer your questions most completely<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 11:53 AM 11/30/02 +0000, you wrote:<br>
Does anyone here have any experience with the Hagstrom <b>KE24
I have a panel with close to 100 buttons connected to a Hagstrom KE24. It
works perfectly for single keyboard key emulation. However the macro
programming just isn't working, which is preventing me from programming
modal keys (SHF F4, CTL s, etc.) or multiple key macros (eg. a b c). I
get nothing generated from macro programmed buttons although looking at
the files produced with a hex editor I can see the correct make and break
codes being generated.<br><br>
So if anyone out there has experience of a KE24 and has successfully
gotten macro programming to work can you please tell me:<br><br>
a) Version of Ke24cfg.exe you are running<br>
b) What settings you have in your Options <br>
c) Whether macro programming is working only for discrete inputs as
opposed to a matrix setup.<br>
d) Whether you're achieving this somehow via the RS232
interface.<br><br>
Note that KE72 is a different model and uses different software to
program its macros, so I can't benefit from that knowledge.<br><br>
James Hallows<br>