[simpits-tech] Chris's phidget radios

Chris Brace simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:49:42 +1300

Sean,
it’s a long story about changing simulation software and dreams of
achieving the what was once thought impossible (at least in the good old
days of sims). It all started ......       ... And now I want a sim that
gives me an excellent OTW view, with great flight modelling/dynamics
system, that I can customise and get things to work within the
parameters I want, and that I can write my own code for to create
enhancements. Finally MSFS delivers on most of this stuff and so I want
to create a cockpit that I can use in this environment.
Now the problem becomes that as you grow ideas like this, so things
change. Life was simple in the old sim days, choices were very limited.
So my simpit project started life as an F16 (due to limited choice). Now
days I get virutally aircraft type I want (and most of its free!) and
what I like is the Talon T38. Its small, fast, military and I can do my
own avionics upgrade to a modern "glass" panel set and give it a techno
feel with some old steam driven gauges to give me the best of both
worlds. It suits me well.
So the pit starts life as an F16, then I changed to an EFA (Eurofighter
during that days of EF2000) and now a T38. I have a very good MSFS model
(in fact one of the best free aircraft I have ever seen) and so Im
working on making my pit something like this. Admittedly the cockpit
layout will have some "fudge" to it. Im sure that once all the panels
and switchology is done, even you would be proud to sit in it and have a
play (I mean fly) Of course this is all until LOMAC hits the shelves,
and them Im sure I'll change my mind again and trash 10 years of
dreaming and scheming and start over !!!

Chris.