[simpits-tech] New Guy here! and 747 sim

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:04:10 -0800

Welcome to the nut house Sebastian, you will find among the membership
several list members who are building a 747 and one or two which have 747
cockpits. Try looking around the Simpits website http://www.simpits.org for
the information you are looking for. This request comes up several times a
year. In order to help you please try to keep your questions as precise as
possible if you need the dimension of a specific panel then some person will
be able to help you. If you need the overall angles, dimensions heights
widths lengths etc then someone will be able to help as well but the more
precise your question the better the answer.

Tell us a bit about your success and failures in creating your pit, how did
you build the frame or is this going to be an open cockpit? How will you be
displaying your forward views, multiple monitors, projection. Have you
determined if you will be doing the overhead panels as of yet? Show
pictures, we want pictures.

This list group has members willing to help, provided they find the time. It
is pit building season again now that everyone is finished with their summer
activities.

Keep 'em flying
Rob Hommel