[simpits-tech] Saturday update

Erwin Neyt simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:48:54 +0100

Nice info Rob,

> same. How did the rest of the crowd spent their Saturday?

Well, last Saturday I visited the 'making of' probably the most acurate
F-16A replica ever build. The right console was finished, so I went over and
took measurement. (Yes I will work them out and post them).

The construction is fully build out of aluminium. The measures taken have
been verified to be within 1 mm (0,039"). Once it has been painted I am sure
there will be no means left to distinguish it from the real thing. It's the
tiny details which make the difference. Even the rivets and screwsheads are
builds from scratch in order to be exact. Unbelievable work.

I want this too! I am going for a alu pit, that is one thing I am now sure
of now.

All in all, a very motivating experience.

Erwin.