[simpits-tech] QF-4G Phantom..vs Training aids.

Rob Hommel simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:11:21 -0800

Matt:

As much as I loathe to agree with most everyone. It is a shame to see the
F-16 go that route. While I am biased in favor of the F-15 of course, the
F-16 is a very elegant machine. As a training target it is a poor use of the
technologies and speaks poorly of the government to make use of the aircraft
in this fashion. Then again a look around Davis Mothan will convince anyone
the collective intelligence quotient of any political body is determined by
the inverse square law.

I fear we shall see the end of the F-15 in the near future as well as soon
as the F-22 and JSF is brought into the fold. I remain unconvinced that
either of those aircraft will be the equal of the F-15.

Keep 'em Flying
Rob Hommel

Matt Bailey wrote:

> Awwww it's too bad for any plane to get trashed like that. :( But, I'd
> rather it be an F-16 than an F-4. :)
>
> -Matt Bailey
>
> Justin Messenger wrote:
> > Finally, a role for which the "mighty" Fighting Falcon
> > is aptly suited: target. Or, as many already prefer to
> > call the manned version: Eagle Training Aid.
> >
> > Hee hee...
page.  Thanks!

---