[simpits-tech] 5" TFT

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 11:50:34 -0500

Oh did you mean a CRT? Yes if it was just a small VGA monitor you could
hook it directly to your video card. I've thought about using little
portable TVs for instruments due to low cost (well, I THOUGHT...can't
seem to find ones that are just simple CRTs and don't have a lot of
extra stuff like fancy tuners and audio etc) in the case of a TV you
would need a TV converter (which I think is fairly cheap, but if you got
a small TV and a converter it might not be a lot more money to just get
a small LCD) or you could use a video card that has TV out. My new GF2
MX has TV out so that's what I was thinking. I figured it would be cool
to have visuals on the monitor output and panel on the TV-out, but I
think you are limited to VGA *or* TV, not both at the same time. I
haven't got the card installed yet so I'm not sure.

	-Matt Bailey