[simpits-tech] 5" TFT

Matt Bailey simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 16:57:27 -0500

I was suprised at the price, it looks like a "special" screen for PS1 so
I figured it would be very expensive. Still, I wonder if a similar
sized-LCD could be purchased for less elsewhere? It just seems like a
screen promoted as a flight sim accesory and not just a generic screen
would be more expensive.

For the money I would probably go with an iddy-biddy CRT, I remember
some refurbished 9" CRTs for like $35, but I forget the link (I think it
was posted on this list actually). Of course for glass cockpits the
image might look a bit less authentic, since real glass instruments are
typically LCD.

	-Matt Bailey