[simpits-tech] AvWeek: Su-30MK Beats F-15C 'Every Time'

Sukit, Sittisudjatum simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 20:39:50 -0400

You may compare the way China learn to get the latest technology with Taiwan
in the last 2 decades.  It happened so fast, and Taiwan becomes one of the
technology leader.  China can build their own aircraft (not so cute anyway,
but flyable LOL), and some of their factories can even build Su-27 now.  In
my opinion (as a columnist of the combat magazine here in Thailand), there
is a possibility that China can easily push the Su-30 into their product
lines.  Besides, they have $$$$ to pay on the project.

I doubt very much if  the raptors F-22 will be sold to Taiwan to balance the
force.... that stealth bird cost a lot of money!

Sukit Sittisudjatum

-----Original Message-----
From: Marv De Beque [mailto:mdebeque@woh.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:05 AM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] AvWeek: Su-30MK Beats F-15C 'Every Time'

If China starts building planes - wait!  What are they going to use for
tools?  If they use anything like that Chinese lathe I owned, then the only
people that will have anything to fear is the pilot of those aircrafts.

And they want to put a man in orbit, too.

Now you know why they really want to acquire Taiwan.

Marv
--

> From: Gene Buckle <geneb@deltasoft.com>
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:23:37 -0700 (PDT)
> To: "'simpits-tech@simpits.org'" <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
> Subject: RE: [simpits-tech] AvWeek: Su-30MK Beats F-15C 'Every Time'
>
>> - Russia and India has agreed to build 30 of Su-30MKI ... This would be a
>> big headache for Pakistan.  Their vipers could not compare to the Russian
>
> I wouldn't be too worried about it.  They're not going to be able to
> resist the temptation of nuking one another so they'll never get built
> anyway.
>
>> birds at all.  Actually, China is going to start manufacturing this
aircraft
>> model, too !!!
>>
> That'll be a pain.  That just means we have to sell Taiwan the F-22. :)
>
>> - South Korea may order F-15K (with AGP-63 V1) or Rafale .. while
>> Eurofighter is still working hard to offer Typhoon, and Sukhoi offers
Su-30.