[simpits-tech] For Gene

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 07:42:12 -0700 (PDT)

> Maybe that's interesting for you:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2106708065

Damn.  That's pretty neat.  Unfortunately, I don't have the avionics bay
door that it mounts to.

> I saw your recent pics - great, really great! May I ask where you got your
> MFD from? Is it a real one or a very sharp looking replica?

In an F-15, you've got MPDs (Multi-Purpose Displays) or MPCDs
(Multi-Purpose Color Displays).  I had this beaten into my head by an E
model driver when I kept calling the screens in his plane "MFDs". :)

The panel is indeed a real MPCD button collar.  One of my tasks this
weekend will be to clean it up, attach a new wiring & power harness to it
and prep it for panel mounting.  I'm going to use a 7" VGA mono display
with it.  I tried to get a 7" color display, but all the manufacturers(sp)
I spoke with refused to build one.  Something about reliability I guess.
:(

g.