[simpits-tech] Workbench Report

Marv De Beque simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 18:48:03 -0400

The knobs will be made pretty much like the real ones.  The will be able to
be lit up, too.

The plastic is clear with a coat of white paint on it.  The marker line will
be white with a black stripe on each side and the rest of the knob will be
gray.

The inserts will be brass and have a 1/4" hole or an 1/8" hole for the knob
shaft, depending on the size of the knob.  Two set screws will be used for
each knob.  Just like the real ones.

My goal is to make a full set of molds so I can make them as a complete set
of about 50 knobs at a time.  The molds are very labor intensive to make,
but I want them to be right.

Marv