[simpits-tech] Technical Help / Advise

Ed Henderson simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 19:40:41 -0400

I am slowly building computers for my flight sim project but I wonder if
what I want to do will work?  I currently run my flight sim stuff on a
900 mhz celeron / voodoo 5 5500 setup and everything clocks along
nicely.  I am going to upgrade to a newer machine to replace the one
above and use the 900 celeron to drive two video cards for left and
right outside view.  I want to build a smaller machine (500mhz celeron?)
to drive two video cards and monitors running Fighter MFD or other
project magenta product.

Here is are the questions:

Can I run two exterior views off of one 900 mhz machine and have good
frame rate?   With a couple of Voodoo 3 3000's??  Other vid card
suggestions?  Dual (twin) view card?

Same question for the project magenta software, will it run ok twice on
a 500mhz machine and on what video cards?  Twin view card?

Thanks!
Ed

--