[simpits-tech] fs2k engine start

Justin Messenger simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:48:57 -0700 (PDT)

After playing with the keys this is what I came up
with for the F-4 Phantom I'm using in FS2000. To
select the number one engine I press E+1. Next I need
to spin up the engine so I Hold the J+(plus key) until
the RPM reaches 20%. Then I press CTRL + shift + F4
which activates the fuel flow in the engine. When the
engine is running pressing CTRL + shift + F1 cuts off
fuel flow and the selected engine dies. Press E + 2
and repeat the process to start the second engine.
Once both engines are selected press E +1&2 to control
both engines.

The throttles in my F-4 are custom made by me, they
both hook to the same pot through a linkage system. If
you push up one throttle you only get about half
power. I tried the start up sequence following a real
F-4 checklist and was able to follow the instuctions
to the letter. cool!

Justin

---------------------
Hi Justin,

Took the following from
http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02Top10Keys.asp

-------

     Flying an aircraft with more than one engine? You
can adjust each
engine's controls individually. Select an engine by
pressing E + the engine
number (1-4). Then, manipulate the control using the
mouse or key commands.
To revert back to controlling all engines, press E +
all the engine numbers
in quick succession (E, 1, 2, and so on).

-------

couldn't start the engines independently though :P
only control them once
they were started. UGH!

Derek Evans
d_p_e@hotmail.com