[simpits-tech] OT: Heat transporting material

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 19:16:01 +0200

Hi,

This is completely OT, i know but....

I need to know what the best material is for absorbing and releasing
heat, and i need both a solid and liquid form.

The reason for asking; im planning a "water cooling system" for my pc's
as i have some 70ft^2 with 5 pc's running and the temp here is now 32deg
C, and i need to transport heat out of the room, and reduce the noise.

I was thinking of either copper or alu for the solid and plain old
fashion water or low friction oil for the liquid - but is there better
alternatives that are affordable?

/Stig
stig.joergensen@clearsky.dk