[simpits-tech] Source for slide potentiometers?

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 13:04:15 -0700 (PDT)

> Wouldn't you know it! I've been making a throttle quadrant from a salvaged
> Baron. I bought two slide pots with about a 4" travel from Mouser a few
> months ago and called to order the additional four I'll need to finish it.
> Well, they've been discontinued!!! I did a quick search on the web and found
> some that were almost $200 each - yikes! Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!
> David Lee

David, I found out that getting good slide pots is getting increasingly
difficult, especially ones that are NOT the "audio taper" type.  I think
you'll find that your best bet will be normal pots driven by either a rack
& pinion or a belt drive.

g.