[simpits-tech] F4 MFDs

A L B E R T simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 21 May 2002 01:25:16 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C20066.5CC6ECC0

Erwin, Robert, Martin and other F4 share memory experts.

I was flying tonight using Panther's beta cockpit which resemble very =
much like Xis' pit. It has a down down view where it only shows 2 LARGE =
MFDs with a small upfront view above, RWR, and DED info. By clicking to =
the right or left of that view, the player can enter into a Tactical =
reference section or Runway tucan info pages. If you dont know what I am =
talking about. let me know I will email u a screenshot.

I was flying with the Mavericks, and looking through the camera view in =
my right MFD when all of the sudden, it strikes me that...hey...this =
feels very similar to the actual MFD size!!! So I got the ruler out and =
took one of my front dash panel with the MFD cut out to see if I was =
right. Unfortunately, the MFD on my screen is slightly bigger. However, =
would f4 glass or F4 instrucment allow the possiblity of extracting raw =
2D cockpit data out into a client machine which inturns render the view?

This way, we can have ourselve some MFDs in the cockpit?

Just an idea...I am not expert at this stuff, but really would like to =
see MFD support for the cockpit.

Cheers,

Albert
Sydney, Australia

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C20066.5CC6ECC0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV>Erwin, Robert, Martin and other F4 share memory experts.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was flying tonight using Panther's beta cockpit which resemble =
very much=20
like Xis' pit. It has a down down view where it only shows 2 LARGE MFDs=20
with&nbsp;a small upfront view above, RWR, and DED info. By clicking to =
the=20
right or left of that view, the player can enter into a Tactical =
reference=20
section or Runway tucan info pages. If you dont know what I am talking =
about.=20
let me know I will email u a screenshot.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was flying with the Mavericks, and looking through the camera =
view in my=20
right MFD when all of the sudden, it strikes me that...hey...this feels =
very=20
similar to the actual MFD size!!! So I got the ruler out and took one of =
my=20
front dash panel with the MFD cut out to see if I was right. =
Unfortunately, the=20
MFD on my screen is slightly bigger. However, would f4 glass or F4 =
instrucment=20
allow the possiblity of extracting raw 2D cockpit data out into a client =
machine=20
which inturns render the view?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This way, we can have ourselve some MFDs in the cockpit?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Just an idea...I am not expert at this stuff, but really would like =
to see=20
MFD support for the cockpit.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Albert</DIV>
<DIV>Sydney, Australia</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002D_01C20066.5CC6ECC0--