[simpits-tech] Quickie update on the F-15...

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 15 May 2002 10:44:57 -0700 (PDT)

Here's some of the stuff that's going to be in the new site update this
week.

http://www.f15sim.com/images/finished_seat2.jpg
It's Flat Black, Mean as hell and weighs over 100lbs.  Yes folks, it's the
ACES II ejection seat for the F-15.  This beauty is scratch built from
plywood and has a set of sonic transducers that'll bounce your face off
the HUD mount.

http://www.f15sim.com/images/main_wiring_panel_completed.jpg
Here's a pic of the completed main wiring panel.  It even has a blank(!)
McDonnel-Douglas P/N plate attched.  It's covered with a hinged acrylic
lid to prevent the wiring from snagging anything in the avionics bay where
it'll be installed.

http://www.f15sim.com/images/tucked_away.jpg
The beginnings of the road home.  The stick & throttle quadrant switches
are being wired up.  There are a LOT of wires going on here. :)

http://www.f15sim.com/images/canopy_done.jpg
Here's the 99.9% finished canopy.  It's only missing the lock/shoot lights
and some interior lighting.  Rob did a freaking amazing job with this!

http://www.f15sim.com/images/engcompare.jpg
The picture (in the picture!) shows the real engine start panel as
installed in an active duty F-15C.  How's our fake looking? :)
As soon as I find the switches I need, you won't be able to tell them
apart.  Many thanks to Rob and his keen eye for getting the holes right.
:)  http://www.f15sim.com/images/engpanel1.jpg gives you a better look at
it.

Thanks!

g.