[simpits-tech] RE: FAQ

Derek Higgs simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 08 May 2002 17:53:31 -0400

Heh-

I knew this would come up, sooner or later :)

Unfortunately, real life (tm) has delayed any attempts I have had to get
that done.

Shortly before my planned publishing date, a competitor of the company I
work for announced plans to take over the company I work for. As a result,
and partially because of the uncertainty of not knowing if I would have a
job or not, I decided to put a lot more effort into things like, oh,
resumes and portfolios, etc. You know - the kind of thing that keeps one
cash flow positive?

The takeover talks have stretched into weeks, then months (#$%# lawyers!),
and finally we were bought out about a month ago. The new company is
shutting down the office here in Knoxville, and moving the technology up to
the Philadelphia area. They have offered me the choice of moving up there,
and in fact I will be traveling in a few weeks time to look around the area
and see if I and my family like it. If I don't - well, its off to find
another job.

With all of this hanging over my head, I have not had the oomph to put into
finalizing the FAQ.

Now - if we had a volunteer to take what I've done and finish it off, we
could get it put on the site, but otherwise it's gonna have to wait till I
am in a better situation.

Derek