[simpits-tech] New Arrival

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 08 May 2002 15:53:01 +0000

I couldn't tell you about the button box, but I gotta say it would be nice
to see some more WWII pits here! I'm actually rather surprised there aren't
more, they should be much simpler to do than todays modern jet aircraft,
fewer buttons, switches, etc, and NO MFDS OR HUDS TO WORRY ABOUT! Anyone
with a modern jet has agonized with these, whereas with a WWII jet you only
need to worry about the exterior displays.

Anyway, best of luck, you're certianly in the right place for this!

Brian

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Green, Steven B." <GreenSB@corning.com>
To: "'simpits-tech@simpits.org'" <simpits-tech@simpits.org>
Subject: [simpits-tech] New Arrival
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 11:15:31 -0400

Hello Everyone,

Stig turned me on to this list from another list that I was asking allot of
"off topic" questions on.  (for that list!)   :)

I'm in the design (thinking) phase of building a cockpit.  I can't decide
if I want to build something that I could use for jet flying on FS2000 or
a WWII type aircraft for MS-CFS.  I really like the P51 and was thinking
of doing a fighter cockpit that I could change panels out for different
WWII fighters, but not sure.

The first obstacle is . . . the spouse . . . then . . . the space . . .
then . . .  the cash!

I checked out the button box thing through Steve's web site.  Using that to
interface, would I still need some type of "Epic" card?

Steve in NC