[simpits-tech] Hey Marv....

Marv RR simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 01 May 2002 06:43:45 -0400

The last set I bought were from DigiKey, but they were a very short throw
(less than 1", I think) slide.

They may have something longer, but the alternative is to use traditional
pots and a set of gear/racks.

McMaster-Carr has a good selection of small nylon and metal gears ant their
mating toothed racks.  Prices vary all over the map depending on precision
required.

ServoCity also sells gear sets, but I can't recall if they sell the racks.

I would have used these on my rudders, but I didn't have enough room for the
pots, which are much more robust than sliders.

Marv