[simpits-tech] Suncom Stick and Throttle

Bob Phillips simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:23:25 -0600

> Is anyone out there using Suncom's F-15 "Talon" Stick and Throttle? Saw
> what looks to be a good price on Ebay. If anyone has any experience or
> opinions on this setup I would sure like to hear them. The local
> Electronics Boutique also has them for around the same price. Please
Advise.
> Thanks,
> Tom

Do not own one now, but have been thinking about it for awhile since I can
not afford a cougar.  The suncom controllers are based on being a keystroke
emulator, they are not operating system dependent, like the Saitek
controllers.  If you do not use xp or w2k, then I would recommend the
Saitek.  Even with all their problems once you get them to work you have one
hell of a system.  If you are using xp or w2k then I would go with the
Suncoms, because of lack of support by Saitek on these systems.  And yes,
there are people working on the xp problems with the Saitek, I just have not
tried them yet.  I think that the flight controller from Suncom looks
better, but the throttle on the Saitek is more comfortable.  Of course,
suncom has a two engine throttle, if you fly a two engine bird, ala F15,
F18.  Since you are looking at ebay with the cougar coming out finally, you
might be able to pick up a set of used Thrustmaster controllers at a fairly
good price here in the next few weeks also.

Bob "lumper" Phillips

PS: if you do get a suncom, I have made a programming guide for it, let he
know if you need it.