[simpits-tech] Driving Resolvers

Ken Trager simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:53:14 -0500

Well, I took the dive and brought a ADI out of a DC-10 for my KingAir Sim.

Question is - after looking at Matt Wietlispach's webpage
http://members.aol.com/wietlpachm/howto/technical.htm

There is got to be a way of doing it- Matt is doing it but HOW??

His webpage does not show what he is using to convert digit into resolver signals.

Gene - I got an absolute encoder to work on the back side of the VOR. Thanks - it is easy
-
it is using a 9 bit data bus with BCD code. The signals go into the serial port and VB
picks
the number - i just have not wrote the code to write to FSUIPC.

Back to the resolver - someone back a couple weeks said that resolvers have little torque
and
to use a stepper motor - The ADI uses resolver for both Roll and Pitch so I am going to
stay
with that. It will save me some time by not ripping the damm thing apart and putting in
stepper motors.

Any ideas out there -

Ken Trager