[simpits-tech] USB Servo controllers

David Lawley simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 07:26:45 -0500

Well Steve here is your chance.  Since I'm a newbie at all this I don't
feel really qualified to answer Chester's last set of questions.  I need
to see if I can get Chester to subscribe to this list :)

------------------8<----------------

Question - I can build an controller which supports 8 servos.  Is there
use for such a beast in your domain?

Also - I'm designing the next version already, which provides
speed/acceleration control in hardware.  It should provide the ability
to rotate a servo at full speed, or as slow as 0.5 degrees per second.
Again, any use in your domain?

And - what other types of hardware modules do you use for these
simulators.  I've already got enquiries (thank you very much) about
boards supporting large amounts of I/O.  What about LCD panels running
over USB? Analog input?  What outputs on a simulator would require large
currents?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out what are the best modules to offer
as Phidgets.

Chester

fitchett [fitchett@cpsc.ucalgary.ca]