[simpits-tech] Game Gear Displays?

Brian Sikkema simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:39:24

Hey guys,

I've got a Sega Game gear that I've been fooling around with for a little
bit now (another non-pit related project). Anyway, while poking around for
info on it today I came up with this site:
http://smspower.speedhost.com/dev/docs/index.shtml

It aparently contains a ton of very usefull info on the sega Game Gear and
Master System (the game gear was just a scaled-down version of the Master
System). Anyway, I havent checked out all the info quite yet, but I think
there's a possibility that these docs may give the info required to run the
Game Gear displays - color backlit LCDs, 2.75x2 inches! Might have some
practical application for someone on the list I thought. And Game Gears are
dirt cheap, you can pick them up off eBay for next to nothing.

Brian