[simpits-tech] great site for cockpit builders

Alan D. Mazurka simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:59:51 -0500

--=====================_879010==_.ALT

hi,

i don't know if anybody else used PFC's "serial driver" but....

keeping a looooong story short, i found it to be the most destructive,
piece of crap software ever written by man. unless you want to dedicate a
computer to flight sim ONLY, and do absolutely nothing else, you _might_ be
able to get along with it.

the list of defects i discovered made me shake my head in disbelief.
un-installing the product only caused all future invocations to FS2K to
crash (because they don't undo their damage to the FS2K .cfg file).

i wrote a descriptive message to the president of PFC warning them of the
quality of their software (which seriously compromises their outstanding
hardware). they responded by mailing me a plastic bag with a bunch of
screws in it.

honest to God.

...just a warning before you consider spending $2,000.00 on their radio
stack or any other product requiring the PFC serial driver.

  - adm -

At 09:16 AM 3/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
><http://www.flypfc.com/jet%20cockpit/jet%20cockpit.html>http://www.flypfc.com/jet%20cockpit/jet%20cockpit.html

>please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page. Thanks!

----------

Alan D. Mazurka                    Webspace Design & Implementation
adm.design@verizon.net

--=====================_879010==_.ALT

hi,<br><br>
i don't know if anybody else used PFC's &quot;serial driver&quot;
but....<br><br>
keeping a looooong story short, i found it to be the most destructive,
piece of crap software ever written by man. unless you want to dedicate a
computer to flight sim ONLY, and do absolutely nothing else, you _might_
be able to get along with it. <br><br>
the list of defects i discovered made me shake my head in disbelief.
un-installing the product only caused all future invocations to FS2K to
crash (because they don't undo their damage to the FS2K .cfg file).
i wrote a descriptive message to the president of PFC warning them of the
quality of their software (which seriously compromises their outstanding
hardware). they responded by mailing me a plastic bag with a bunch of
screws in it. <br><br>
honest to God.<br><br>
...just a warning before you consider spending $2,000.00 on their radio
stack or any other product requiring the PFC serial driver.<br><br>
&nbsp;- adm -<br><br>
At 09:16 AM 3/11/02 -0800, you wrote:<br>
<hr>
_______________________________________________ Simpits-tech mailing list Simpits-tech@simpits.org <a href="http://www.simpits.org/mailman/listinfo/simpits-tech" eudora="autourl">http://www.simpits.org/mailman/listinfo/simpits-tech</a> To unsubscribe, please see the instructions at the bottom of the above page. Thanks! </blockquote>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
<hr>
Alan D. Mazurka&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Webspace Design &amp; Implementation<br>
adm.design@verizon.net&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>