[simpits-tech] The endless story of MFD'S

Newsletter2BS simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:04:19 +0100

Hallo Simmers,

I've read the discussion about MFD's just a few weeks ago and now I am not
sure, whether anyone in our group had a "reality-like" solution. I've
remembered that some of us are using "Image-Server" to display MFD's
Graphics on several screens and displays, but this method doesn't consider
any dynamic gameplay-data.

My idea is to put some life into such installments. It's possible to get
information like altitude, heading etc. so it should also be possible to get
the datas be shown on MFD's - the MFD's are only displaying the dynamic
scenario around the plane, they're working like clients served by the
environment.

I need to figure out, whether anyone has already programmed a small tool,
which is able to read all the required environment-data out and send them to
a 2nd computer. The only thing the "client" has to do is to use predefined
bitmap-graphics and put them together with the received data of the
3D-world. After that, the treated graphic are ready to be displayed on TFT's
or other types of screens.

It is only a theory, so has anyone more experiences in reading out and using
such datas?

Thanks in advance for assistance

Ben "Interceptor"