[simpits-tech] A quick question re a post a few days ago.

A.Y. simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 19:21:56 +1100

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C1C3B1.D95468E0

I think Derek posted this site for our enjoyment a few days ago.

http://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/terminals/v0202/PACIFIC_AUSTRALA=
SIA_ANTARCTICA/=20

I looked and couldnt find the info on my home city Sydney Kingsford =
Smith International Airport. I live relatively close to the flight =
path...would love to find out how they do take off and landing there. =
Does anyone have info for that?

While the timing is perfect. I am being taught how to fly SID and STAR =
using instrucments only in my virtual fighter squad using F4Sp2...and =
amazingly it does work. I said to my friend who was teaching me..."I =
feel like I am flying a heavy looking at all the instrucments rather =
than using visual cue on my HUD". This and along with a chat with a few =
friends who play FS2k2 and own "virtual airlines" shown me the  =
"whazzup" software by one of this group's member. I was truely amazed by =
the level of sophistication, human ATC interaction, and flying not alone =
but with many other pilots on the same server in the sky around the =
world (previously, i thought FS2k is single player sim).

Suddenly, I realise flying heavies can actually be fun :) . Previously, =
I can only fly jets that has weapons on them...I guess I have entered =
staged two of my flightsim addiction....soon I will be terminally ill =
and stop respond to treatment to stop me glued inside the cockpit! LOL=20

Also, I would love to get some opinion on Xplane and FS2k2. I want to =
buy one or the other. Read the info on each site, they both look very =
impressive and heaps of add on coming from third party. I downloaded the =
Xplane demo, but my video card can do open GL so that was no go...so I =
am leaning towards MS FS for now.

Cheers,

Albert
Sydney, Australia

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C1C3B1.D95468E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I think Derek posted this site for our =
enjoyment a=20
few days ago.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/terminals/v0202/PACIFIC_=
AUSTRALASIA_ANTARCTICA/">http://164.214.2.62/products/digitalaero/termina=
ls/v0202/PACIFIC_AUSTRALASIA_ANTARCTICA/</A>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I looked and couldnt find the info on =
my home city=20
Sydney Kingsford Smith International Airport. I live relatively close to =
the=20
flight path...would love to find out how they do take off and landing =
there.=20
Does anyone have info for that?</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>While the timing is perfect. I am being taught how to fly SID =
and STAR=20
using instrucments only in my virtual fighter squad using F4Sp2...and =
amazingly=20
it does work. I said to my friend who was teaching me..."I feel like I =
am flying=20
a heavy looking at all the instrucments rather than using visual cue on =
my HUD".=20
This and along with a chat with a few friends who play FS2k2 and own =
"virtual=20
airlines"&nbsp;shown me the&nbsp; "whazzup" software by one of this =
group's=20
member. I was truely amazed by the level of sophistication, human ATC=20
interaction, and flying not alone but with many other pilots on the same =
server=20
in the sky around the world (previously, i thought FS2k is single player =

sim).</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Suddenly,&nbsp;I realise flying heavies can actually be fun :) .=20
Previously, I can only fly jets that has weapons on them...I =
guess&nbsp;I have=20
entered&nbsp;staged two of my flightsim addiction....soon I will be =
terminally=20
ill and stop respond to treatment to stop me glued inside the cockpit! =
LOL=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, I would love to get some opinion on Xplane and FS2k2. I want =
to buy=20
one or the other. Read the info on each site, they both look very =
impressive and=20
heaps of add on coming from third party. I downloaded the Xplane demo, =
but my=20
video card can do open GL so that was no go...so I am leaning towards MS =
FS for=20
now.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>Cheers,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Albert</DIV>
<DIV>Sydney, Australia</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C1C3B1.D95468E0--