[simpits-tech] Instrument photos

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 10:02:59 -0800 (PST)

> Sorry Gene, I had to return the camera before I completed the final
> assembly. I borrow a digital camera from a friend once and a while. I'm
> still looking for that 'perfect' camera... you know the one that takes
> perfect pictures and doesn't cost anything?

Hehehe.  I've got a Kodak DC290 that is a VERY good camera.  I imagine you
can get them for less than $200 these days.

> Is the instrument that I have an ADI or just an AI? How does one determine
> direction from the instrument? My flight training manual refers to is as
> simply an Attitude Instrument (AI).

I'm so used to *seeing* ADIs & Flight Directors that I just call anything
with a ball in it an ADI.  :)  You're correct though, what you have is
indeed just an AI.

"I'm not crazy, I'm plausibly off-nominal!"