[simpits-tech] Cheap cockpit lighting?

Shira, Craig simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:25:05 -0500

I've also seen people use Rope Lights.
You can but it by the foot and it comes in different
colors.

Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee, David [mailto:del2@cornell.edu]
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 3:03 PM
To: 'simpits-tech@simpits.org'
Subject: [simpits-tech] Cheap cockpit lighting?

I've created my first panel and it works thanks to the Hagstrom KE72! Now
I'd like to light it with just a simple red flood or two - or something easy
on the eyes +/- a dimmer switch. What's the cheapest way to do it? I've seen
some people use Christmas lights but I only need maybe two bulbs. Is it
possible to shorten a string of lights to just 2 or 3 without creating a
fire hazard (I'm not much of an electrician!)? I've found some commercial
companies that create real world cockpit lighting but it's way too
expensive. Thanks!
David Lee