[simpits-tech] backlit panels 101

Martin Ingold simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 17:38:24 +0200

> >I believe this is type IV. In Type V the wiring/bulbs are on a PCB which
> is
> >screwed onto the back of the light plate.
> Which is it for the falcon ?

It's not made after A/C type. The Type V ones are just the newer style, and certainly
easier to maintain.... replacing a bulb or anything like that.

> >The black paint is removed with an (photo)etching process.
> and then engraved ? ar is the engraving done before the black paint ?

The real panels aren't engraved. AFAIK, once the black paint dries, a laser removes the
black paint again where the lettering is. But only the black paint, so you have the
letters in white.

Martin