[simpits-tech] To gene or any other programmer

Ido Dekkers simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:55:47 +0300

Writing the "preflight-configure" is easy as i understand from my friend
you will use the InputState command to get the status of all the switches
you need, but then you have to write a "preflight-configure" for each plane
not that i mind.

what i was talking about is the situation where you switch to backup mode
and then the whole or part of the matrix needs to be rescaned because the
backup switches could be in a different place than what you had on the
primary controls.

this could also work for the window change since you could use macros to
make some switch assignment change when you flip another switch.

Ido

             Gene Buckle
             <geneb@deltasof
             t.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                 simpits-tech@simpits.org
             simpits-tech-ad                                            cc
             min@simpits.org
                                                                       bcc

             06/19/2002                                            Subject
             12:09 AM                 Re: [simpits-tech] To gene or any
                                      other programmer

             Please respond
             to simpits-tech

> my idea was to right a program that would look for the change in a switch
> say 4*8 in the key matrix and send the output to the keybord buffer,
>
> now if this key is dependant on others - like in falcon when you flip the
> backup switch you have to scan all the backup switches then the program
> does the scan and sends all the backup switch status to the sim .
>
> and for the problem with the initial stage you could run a command that
> scans the whole matrix and sends the initial status to the sim.

I don't want to sound rude, but this makes _no_ sense to me at all.

When you work with the 0/256/0 unit, you'll get an event whenever a switch
is closed or opened and it will tell you what switch did what.

One thing that you (and us all) need to look at is a software subroutine I
call "preflight-configure".  Basically, what this routine does is verify
that each cockpit switch in its correct position based upon your
pre-defined simulator state.  If a switch is in the incorrect position,
the software should tell you which one and what position it should be in.
It should keep iterating through "bad" settings until everything is set up
the way it needs to be.