[simpits-tech] To gene or any other programmer

Stig Joergensen simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:05:04 +0200

But still...

If you can send the initial state, then why bother with the keyboard
buffer, just send the next state to the sim....

and you still have the problem with a multi screen, where key 'A' in one
screen means something else in an other screen.

and bestides that, if you are using a matrix of switches, you might have
problems with toggle switches - most of the matrixes i've looked at is
designed for momentum switches (connect and release), and will losse a
hole row if you have a toggle in that row...

/Stig

-----Original Message-----
From: Ido Dekkers [mailto:idekkers@clicksoftware.com]
Sent: 18. juni 2002 21:44
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] To gene or any other programmer

Again I'm no programer so this may sound stupid :
my idea was to right a program that would look for the change in a
switch say 4*8 in the key matrix and send the output to the keybord
buffer,
now if this key is dependant on others - like in falcon when you flip
the backup switch you have to scan all the backup switches then the
program does the scan and sends all the backup switch status to the sim
.
and for the problem with the initial stage you could run a command that
scans the whole matrix and sends the initial status to the sim.