[simpits-tech] Justin- Good artical on the C-17 sim

Sean Galbraith simpits-tech@simpits.org
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 06:27:58 +1200

At 06:54 AM 6/12/02 -0700, you wrote:

> > >....or you cheat and give both pilots the same image. :)
> >
> > Which is what I'll do with the King Air, 2 monitors with fresnal lenses :)
> >
>Actually Sean, the King Air is too narrow to cheat with.  You're going to
>need to do a wide projection with that.  Airliner cockpit seats have the
>separation needed to pull the two monitor trick, but you're only a bit
>wider than a 172. :)

Nah, I'm just too tight to buy a second projector... and the A-4 has first
dibs on the one I do have ;-)

I did some experimenting, and as long as I mount the lenses a little behind
the windscreen, with something to hide the join (i.e. the centre column) it
*should* be ok.  It's the way the $1 Squillion Frasca's are done.

Sean.