[simpits-tech] Justin- Good artical on the C-17 sim

Chris simpits-tech@simpits.org
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:57:08 -0400

Hey Chris,
Try this, Its a simulator, its a home theatre system. Its both!!

My wife thinks this is OK. Sony makes a projector that hooks up to both a
computer and cable. You can have the best of both worlds.

I plan to put the pit between two couches and mount the projector over top
of it.

-----Original Message-----
From: simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-admin@simpits.org]On Behalf Of Chris Woodul
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 11:37 PM
To: simpits-tech@simpits.org
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] Justin- Good artical on the C-17 sim

HI gene,

The good news is, lots of companies are doing just that with special soft
ware to manipulate for curvatures, and also even some scab on lenses and
lens treatment. All of it is getting less and less expensive.
I still have to buy THREE FREAKING PROJECTORS! That is bad enough, but the
technology is rushing along, and the prices are coming down. I think that by
the time I am ready to do all of that stuff, I will just sell a seat or two
from my collection and get some nice projectors, with appropriate
capabilities to my specific screen solution.
When we went out to Hal Brymans ( to do an install of an F-16 cockpit in his
house, we all wet ourselves when we saw his 8000.00 projector. It had the
brightest, clearest picture I have ever seen, and was NOT a 40,000 Barco
unit. 8000.00 is still way to much for me to spend with out my significant
other ( the one with boobs) to give me a complete fit. The point is, half of
this fun hobby is dreaming of getting from where you are now to where your
dreams are gonna take you. I dont know what I will do when all of my own
projects get finnished.That is a scarey thought.

Chris Woodul