[simpits-tech] Justin- Good artical on the C-17 sim

Gene Buckle simpits-tech@simpits.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:55:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Gene,
> The C-17 sims are made by FlightSafty for Boeing,
> you'd think they'd now how to make the HUD work :)
> Justin

I've talked to some of the FlightSafety techs here in Seattle.  From the
way they talk about how the sims are designed & built, it's no wonder they
screwed up the HUD in the C-17.  The problem is that someone had to have
gotten it right since the 737-800 and -900 have captain side fold down
HUDs.  I've seen them in the simulator that was installed at the
FlightSafety/Boeing simulator facility that I toured a couple of years
ago.

g.