[simpits-tech] About F16 angle console....

Roy Coates simpits-tech@simpits.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:25:55 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > Try X-Plane, it does the convert-a-plane thing (how well I don't
> > know...only played with the demo...)
> >
> *gak* *spit*  Umm, X-Plane isn't that conducive to successful cockpit
> building.  The only one I know of is Roy's and he had to practically beat
> the snot out of Austin to get the data he needed.

Actually - I must, in fairness point out that Austin added many new items
to X-Plane at my request (as he has done for others).

The problem which didn't come to light at first, is that the changes I
requested would have screwed things up royally for another project using
X-Plane somewhere on the west coast - I forget the details.

Austin is actually very helpful - he seems very terse but this is simply
due to a lack of time. I know he's 'helping' a great many XP based
projects out there - but provided you can 'justify' your request, chances
are it'll find its way into XP.

--

Roy.